Custom merchant categories are currently available with selected plans.
- Only the Administrator who first created a Custom Merchant Category can delete it.
- If the Administrator who created the Custom Merchant Category has left your organization, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. PEX Support can help you with the issues regarding editing and deleting Custom Merchant Categories when the person who created them is no longer available.
- PEX Categories. You cannot delete the 13 original PEX Merchant Categories (Associations & Organizations, Automotive Dealers, Educational Services, and so on), which are indicated with the blue PEX logo.
- Locked Categories. You cannot delete any Merchant Categories that are indicated with a lock.
How to Delete a Custom Merchant Category:
- Log into the Administrator Site
- Click the "Cards" tab
- Click "Merchant categories" in the blue bar
- Click on the “X” at the end of the Custom Merchant Category row
- If the category is assigned to cards, then the PEX system will provide a warning
- You can then either cancel the action to delete the category, or you can proceed to delete the category
Click the "X"to delete the Custom Merchant Category
- Spending Rulesets and cardholder Spend Rules that had the deleted Custom Merchant Category in them will be updated in real-time.
- The deleted category will no longer be listed in the Merchant Category tab. Nor will it be listed as an option for Spending Rulesets, or under cardholder Spend Rules.