When a cardholder will not be using the PEX card for a period of time -- while on vacation, for instance, or during a leave of absence -- the administrator can block the card from use. This will prevent any unauthorized charges from accruing against that card.
Administrators can block cards through the Administrator Site and through the Mobile App.
Download the Mobile App:
- Download the iOS app from the App Store
- Download the Android app from the Google Play Store
- The download is free but carrier data rates may apply
How to Block a Card Through the Administrator Site:
- Log into the Administrator Site
- Click the “Cards” tab at the top of the page
- Click “Card List” in the blue bar
- Locate the Cardholder's name
- Click the "Active" dropdown under the “Status” heading
Click the “Active” dropdown under the “Status” heading for the card
- Select "Blocked"
Select "Blocked." The card is blocked.
How To block a Card Using the Mobile App:
- Log into the Mobile App
- Click the “Cards” icon at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the cardholder’s name
Click the “Cards” icon. Click on the cardholder’s name.
- Under Status, click “Blocked”
- Blocked cards are still considered to be “Open” and will be subject to monthly card fees
- If a cardholder will no longer use the card at all (e.g., if the cardholder leaves the company) you should permanently close the card
You can also search cards by Status or other criteria. Please see How to Search Cards