Here are descriptions of every card Status, including those used by PEX Client Services.
“Open” cards have three Statuses:
- Inactive: All new PEX Cards are “Inactive,” which means that they cannot be used
- New cardholders are instructed to call their Business Administrator to activate the Card
- For more information on card activation, refer to "How to Activate a New Card"
- Active: “Active” cards can be used to make purchases
- Remember to fund the Cards, since cardholders can't spend without money on the card
- Blocked: You may want to turn a card off when a cardholder is on vacation or taking a leave of absence
- “Blocked” cards cannot be used for purchases
- The card balance and card settings will be preserved, however
- When the cardholder returns, you can change the card status back to Active
- For more information on blocking cards, refer to "How to Block a Card"
How to See a Card's Status in the Administrator Site:
- Log into the Administrator Site
- Click on the “Cards” tab
- Click on “Card List” in the blue bar
- You can see the cardholder’s Status under the “Status” heading
Go to “Card List” to see a cardholder’s Status
When a Card account is closed, it cannot be reactivated
- For more information, refer to "How to Close a Card"