When you replace a card because the card has been damaged, or because the cardholder’s name has changed, the old card remains Active until you activate the replacement card.
- As soon as you activate the new card, however, the old card is instantly and irreversibly deactivated
- For this reason, PEX recommends that you only activate the new card after the new card has been delivered and is ready to use
How to Activate a Replacement Card:
- Log into the Administrator Site
- Click the “Cards” tab
- Click “Card List” or “Search” in the blue bar
- Locate the cardholder's name
- Click the icon to the left of the cardholder's name
- There will be multiple cards listed
- The new card will show "Inactive"
- Change "Inactive" card status to "Active" for the new card
- Once the replacement card is activated, the old card will be terminated automatically
When the Replacement Card (“Inactive”) is changed to “Active” Status, the old card is instantly and irreversibly deactivated.
- This type of card activation can only be done from the Administrator Site
- It cannot be completed from the Mobile App
You might find this article useful, if you would like to learn how to search cards based on certain criteria. "How to Search Cards"