About Custom Merchant Categories
Custom Merchant Categories are currently available with selected plans.
- Only the Administrator who created a Custom Merchant Category can edit it
- You cannot edit the original PEX Merchant Categories (which have the blue PEX logo next to them)
- You cannot edit Locked Categories (which have an image of a lock next to them)
To Edit Custom Merchant Categories:
- Log into the Administrator Site
- Click on the “Cards” tab
- Click on “Merchant Categories” in the blue bar
- Click on the name of the Custom Category to edit
Click on the name of the Custom Category to edit
- Select an MCC that you want to add to, or remove from, the Custom Category
- Click on the arrow in the box to move the MCC
- Click the green “Update category” button to save your changes
- Spending Rulesets and cardholder Spend Rules that have this category are updated in real-time
Select an MCC. Click the arrow to move it into the Custom Category, or to remove it from the Custom Category. Click the green “Update category” button to save changes.